Cascade and Canyon
Kulshan/Mt Baker Topo | Vintage Bill Blass Overall Shorts | Size L
These secondhand vintage Bill Blass overall shorts feature a topographic cyanotype print of Kulshan/Mt Baker and prints of real, pressed florals & plants. These include: sword ferns and poppies.
Please note that as this is a secondhand and upcycled item, it may have small imperfections from use in a previous life. Any major marks will be noted with photos. Please also note that as cyanotype printing is a handcrafted art, and due to the nature of handcrafted art, it may contain small imperfections as well.
Brand: Bill Blass
Label size: large
Overall shorts measurements are:
Chest - 10.5"
Waist - 17" (half)
Inseam - 5"
Leg opening - 12"
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR PRINT:
Taking care of a cyanotype print requires unique care in order to preserve its color, contrast, and brightness.
- Limit washing at all. If you need to wash, hand wash in COLD water only, hang to dry. If you must use soap, use a non-phosphate detergent. I use Foca Phosphate-Free Laundry Detergent.
- If your washing machine has a spin-only cycle, spin out the excess water in this cycle to get the piece of clothing as dry as possible without using any heat.
- Sweat and hand oils may cause discoloration.
- Cyanotype prints are archival, meaning they are meant to last for years (50-100+ years.) However, yellowing or fading may occur if prints are exposed to phosphates, high pH solutions, baking soda, washing soda, bleach, or alkalines.
- Cyanotypes can also fade due to strong, direct, long sunlight exposure (basically, don’t leave your prints outside in the direct sun for days or weeks and you should be fine).
- If you find yourself having to wash your jacket more frequently, soaking your jacket or item in cold water with a bit of hydrogen peroxide diluted in it can help bring a pop of life back into the print. Please wring out the water as much as possible and hang to dry.