cascade & canyon jewelry
Upcycled Levi's PNW Jacket | Size 48R
This perfectly Pacific Northwest features drawn floral prints that are local to the PNW.
Please note that as this is a thrifted and upcycled item, it may have small imperfections from use in a previous life. Any major marks will be noted with photos.
Jacket measurements are:
Levi's size 48R
Shoulders - 20"
Back - 23"
1/2 Chest - 23"
Sleeve length - 25.5"
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR PRINT:
Taking care of a cyanotype print requires unique care in order to preserve its color, contrast, and brightness.
- Limit washing at all. If you need to wash, hand wash in COLD water only, hang to dry. If you must use soap, use a non-phosphate detergent. I use Foca Phosphate-Free Laundry Detergent.
- Sweat and hand oils may cause discoloration.
- Cyanotype prints are archival, meaning they are meant to last for years (50-100+ years.) However, yellowing or fading may occur if prints are exposed to phosphates, high pH solutions, baking soda, washing soda, bleach, or alkalines.
- Cyanotypes can also fade due to strong, direct, long sunlight exposure (basically, don’t leave your prints outside in the direct sun for days or weeks and you should be fine).
- If you find yourself having to wash your jacket more frequently, soaking your jacket or item in cold water with a bit of hydrogen peroxide diluted in it can help bring a pop of life back into the print. Please wring out the water as much as possible and hang to dry.