Kulshan/Mt Baker Topo | Vintage Levi Denim Jacket | Size 50L
This secondhand vintage Levi denim jacket features a cyanotype print of a topographic map of Kulshan/Mt Baker and prints of real, pressed florals & plants. These include: sword ferns and poppies.
Please note that as this is a secondhand and upcycled item, it may have small imperfections from use in a previous life. Any major marks will be noted with photos. Please also note that as cyanotype printing is a handcrafted art, and due to the nature of handcrafted art, it may contain small imperfections as well.
Label size: 50L
Jacket measurements are:
Shoulders - 20"
Back - 23.5"
1/2 Chest - 24"
Sleeve length - 27"
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR PRINT:
Taking care of a cyanotype print requires unique care in order to preserve its color, contrast, and brightness.
- Limit washing at all. If you need to wash, hand wash in COLD water only, hang to dry. If you must use soap, use a non-phosphate detergent. I use Foca Phosphate-Free Laundry Detergent.
- If your washing machine has a spin-only cycle, spin out the excess water in this cycle to get the piece of clothing as dry as possible without using any heat.
- Sweat and hand oils may cause discoloration.
- Cyanotype prints are archival, meaning they are meant to last for years (50-100+ years.) However, yellowing or fading may occur if prints are exposed to phosphates, high pH solutions, baking soda, washing soda, bleach, or alkalines.
- Cyanotypes can also fade due to strong, direct, long sunlight exposure (basically, don’t leave your prints outside in the direct sun for days or weeks and you should be fine).
- If you find yourself having to wash your jacket more frequently, soaking your jacket or item in cold water with a bit of hydrogen peroxide diluted in it can help bring a pop of life back into the print. Please wring out the water as much as possible and hang to dry.
All ready to ship items will be shipped within 7 business days of full payment received. I'm a one-woman-shop and it can sometimes take me a few days to get everything packaged and shipped out, especially after a big shop update.
*All items purchased before 12/10 for the Holiday 2022 shop update will ship by 12/10.
I ship via USPS, provide a tracking number, and provide shipping insurance for the value of the item(s) purchased.
Due to the handcrafted nature of my items, I do not accept returns.
However, if an item arrives damaged or a special circumstance occurs (life happens, I totally get it), please contact me. I'm more than happy to work with you <3